When you start your own ARMA 3 server you will have the option to change your server with mods that change both how the game works and the in-game content.
There are loads of additional DLC options but most companies will only offer the most popular ones as standard.
GTX Gaming for example, has the largest range of ready to go worlds to choose from so they are a great option if you are looking for something specific.
List of popular ARMA 3 mods
Here are a list of the most popular mods for ARMA 3:
- Epoch – Altis
- Epoch – Tanoa
- Epoch – Zombies
- Epoch – Strantis
- Exile – Tanoa
- Exile Namalsk
- Exile – Altis
- SealDrop King of the Hill
- SealDrop Altis Life
- Tanoa Life
- Breaking Point
- Desolation Redux
- Wasteland – Altis
- Wasteland – Stratis
There are loads of additional community mods that you can download from the ARMA 3 Steam Community Workshop that are relatively easy to add to your server.
However not everyone has a good understanding of server management so if you are struggling to upload a certain mod it’s worth contacting your hosts support centre as they will be able to do this in a matter of minutes.
Many of the popular mods can be installed using a “one-click mod” option in TCAdmin however smaller server providers may not offer this option as it’s very custom.
In conclusion it’s always best to think about how you are going to use your server before you rent it.
You should consider the following points to choose the right host to match your needs:
- Choosing the right location makes a difference. Pick one physically close to you.
- Test the companies performance by pinging trial servers.
- Buy only the amount of player slots that you need. Buying more than you need will just be a waste of money.
- Stick to your budget.
- Find the mods you want to use and ask the host directly if they can be installed.
- Research and compare each company using other players feedback and reviews
- Ask the host if they offer a refund, backups, file migration and other features you may require.
If this ARMA 3 guide has helped improve your understanding of adding mods then why not check out my guide on how to pick the cheapest ARMA 3 hosting.